Wednesday, July 24, 2013

let's do this

I'm not really that into blogs.  After spending so much time on my computer editing photos and corresponding with clients about sessions I'm usually ready to put the thing away when I'm finished instead of surfing the net.  But I am REALLY (like over the top too much, some may say it's bordering obnoxious) into photos!  Besides the fact that I'm a photographer and take thousands of pictures every month, I'm one of the only people I know that actually prints off pictures and puts them into real life photo albums (in chronological order of course).

So this brings me to my reason for starting a blog.

When my best friend Blair started her blog less than a year ago I kinda thought she was nuts.  I mean what mother of two has time to put together a blog post?  But as the year has gone on I've found myself reading her blog and really wishing I had a place of my own to keep track of memories.  We are just completing one of the craziest years of our lives (moving to Chicago for Cole's job, keeping my photography studio in KC, commuting back and forth about every 2 weeks for a full year with 2 year old Sylvie, adding baby Magnus to the mix, living in not one but two tiny Chi-Town apartments, learning to ride the bus and the L with babies, attempting to adjust to big city life...get the picture??) and are getting ready to embark on what will probably rival this past year on the crazy meter, and I don't want to forget one moment of it!  Of course I have all the thousands of photos to help me remember this time in our lives, but I want the stories (written out so I won't forget) to go with them!

WARNING...sometimes I ramble, I will DEFINITELY post way too many photos, I might be the world's worst speller, I can't remember grammar or punctuation rules, and let's face it a lot of what I write/post might not be in the slightest bit interesting to most people.  BUT I'm going to blog anyway :)  I'm not really expecting many people to read this, I'm doing this for me and my family so we can look back and remember all the crazy times we had and most importantly see how we found JOY IN THE JOURNEY!

Meet the Erdmanns Cole, Monica, Sylvie {2 years 10 months}, Magnus {6 weeks}

1 comment:

  1. Dot! I love this blog already and you have only posted one time!! I read Blair's blog so I'll add your blog to my favorite reading materials. Keep the posts coming cause I'm ready to read! Love you! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete