Friday, July 26, 2013

Retro Day


This has been the mildest summer I've ever experienced!  Not sure if this is how Chicago always is in July, but I swear it's felt more like spring.  Today's high is 73 and it was only 66 when we were getting ready to venture out for a big trip to the mailbox....wahoo!

I pretty much only have summer 0-3 month clothes for Magnus.  I mean, he was born in June for petes sake!  So as I was searching for something warm for him to wear I came across the sweatsuit that my sister and I had worn when we were itty bitty (you wouldn't think a sweatsuit worn by 2 girls would be appropriate for a boy, but it definitely is, hmmmmm). My nephew Jay also got to sport this bad boy when he was  few months old and now lucky Mag gets his turn!  I decided to go with the theme and also put Sylvie in an old Mickey and Minnie T-shirt of mine (Dana and I had matching ones of course).    She's currently obsessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and loves this shirt.  She also wore it when we went to Disney World and thought it was pretty cool that it used to be mine.

My mom (and Sister) are way too good at getting rid of things.  I however am bordering hoarder status. Luckily my mom saved some of her favorite clothes from when we were little and remembered to get them out when we started having kids.  These retro goodies have been some of my favorite outfits for Sylvie, plus it is just so neat to see her in something that I know used to be mine. I love how the 80s fashion is back in style!  I'm so thankful my mom (probably with some help from my dad) dressed us like boys at least once so Magnus could get in on retro day, and even more thankful that she bought and kept such cute clothes from our baby days.  Hopefully these items can be passed down to my grandkids someday :)













And now here's a look back at some of the other retro outfits we've brought back to life throughout the past 2.5 years.

Jay in the sweatsuit 
tiny little sleeper
apparently sweatsuits were all the rage
Dana's first Easter dress
love this sundress
this one is a double whammy, the shorts I'm wearing
were my mom's and Sylvie's outfit was mine
crop top??

 
Dana and I both had our 1 year pics taken in this number 

Sylvie's 1 year pics were also in it

my red swimsuit 
the Mickey shirt strikes again
Sylvie broke this pink dress out for 2013 Easter
this one was actually my mom's dress













No comments:

Post a Comment