Thursday, February 20, 2014

Chicago Family Photos

I LOVE getting family photos taken!  I get so much joy out of creating memories for other families, and have made it a priority for my family to have the same experience (at least a couple of times a year). For our big Chicago send off this past November I thought it would be special to end the 15 months spent there with a family photo shoot downtown.  I have fallen in love with everything about downtown Chicago, and knew the buildings would be the perfect backdrop to create lasting memories of our crazy Chicago adventure!  I found a great photographer willing to shoot downtown (Carley Kay Photography), spent way too much time outfit planning,  listened to Cole's grumbles, and got Sylvie and Magnus all pumped for BIG smiles!  After the session I was 99% sure it was a complete fail that wouldn't produce a single image worthy of printing.  The weather was surprisingly nice for November in Chicago, but the wind...  I know it's called the windy city but HOLY COW!  Our hair was everywhere!!  Cole kept pushing his down while I tried my hardest to keep mine from covering my entire face and/or flying into the kids'.  Magnus refused to look at the camera and didn't crack a single smile.  Sylvie was a typical 3 year old and pulled every trick in the book including running from us.  I had candy bribes all ready to go…which I left in the car.  There were so many people it was nearly impossible to keep the kids attention!  Yet somehow despite all the crazy, I was thrilled with the images!  Some of them make me smile, while some make me laugh out loud.  Some amazing moments were captured!  I'm so glad this time in our lives was documented…wind and all!  I completely understand any frustrations my clients feel during family sessions!  NO your kids aren't the only ones who turn into wild animals when the camera comes out, but in the end it always works out! 
Cole-27, Monica-28, Sylvie 3, Magnus 5 months 
I was seriously floored that she caught this moment of all four of us looking at the camera! 
Mag's face!  Bahahahahaha!  Love Sylvie's hand on my cheek!
I love all the buildings reflecting off of the windows in these shots!
Love this mommy daughter giggly moment!
Check out that hair trying to get away from me!  And Sylvie's face is so her!
I will NOT look at you -Magnus
Right after this Sylvie got up and sprinted away.  That's when I decided we would focus on family and I could do shots of the two of them another time :)
Cole's football hold on Magnus cracks me up in this one.  Such a Cole move!
Sylvie just walked right up and laid her head on my shoulder…awwwwwww
Love my man!  
He must love me too!
And these are what I'm classifying as the outtakes!  We thought this bridge would be a great last shot even though the kids were clearly over it, however once on it we quickly realized it was quite possibly the windiest spot in the entire city.  Please note Cole's hair, my hair, and Sylvie and Mag's windblown faces.  Now you may laugh.
Mag's face says it all

No comments:

Post a Comment